Thursday, February 28, 2008

interesting outfits

Tokyo has more than its share of Elvis impersonators, Goth types and girls who dress like Little Bo Peep. The outrageously-dressed youths who hang in parks and hip shopping areas of the funkier neighborhoods have been well-documented online and in books. Here I thought I'd show more of the everyday sartorial choices that I've seen around town (like the mom at the park, see photo in next post). These aren't even the greatest examples, necessarily, just the few that I managed to document. Hey, it's hard to take pictures of people on the fly with my phone without it being too obvious.

Except, of course, when they're sleeping....
The double-breasted coat has a faux fur collar, tapering seam cuts across his calf, but my favorite is the shiny metallic briefcase. We see him on a Sunday afternoon train to Hamamatsucho.

It was the yellow Chuck Taylors with blue-and-black striped tights that caught my eye on the JR train platform, Yamanote line, Ebisu station.

This lady standing in line in front of C at the bus stop outside Shibuya station seems to know how to work the white leather platform boots, pairing them with a white hooded parka.


Leopard-print coat, fringy-swishy skirt and Nike hightops, spotted on Meiji-Dori in Shibuya, while I was on my way to the British School to pick up the boys.

No comments: