Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Rainy Tuesday

If this photo was on Flickr, these would be the tags: rainbow-whale mural; guy napping; pedestrian bridge; Yoyogi Park; Tokyo
Today the kids spent the afternoon doing various crafts with their Japanese teacher, Eriko (she offers a "holiday camp" this last week before school starts, bless her), so I took the opportunity to walk through Yoyogi Park, alone, as in, by myself, no kids to chase or scold or look after. I love my boys, of course, but the three of us have shared, how should I put it, abundant quality time together this summer, feel me? (we're back watching The Wire, Season 5).

The park was practically deserted (due to the rain, I suspect) except for a few joggers and a group of young men singing under the shelter of a gazebo (choir practice?). There were a few other random people about, including two dudes who paused like me to appreciate this bit of pink.


I walked from the east end of the park to the west, then up and around the north end, until my legs ached and I had to get back to business and run some errands before picking up the boys. They had a full day, making shaved ice with syrup, traditional Japanese fans, and "stone art" (they painted some rocks). And because I had time to go to the grocery store, there was milk at dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Abundant quality time." Hee Hee!!!! I am doing that now with Nicholas and am actually looking forward to going back to work to get some peace and quiet!

I miss you already. I was just saying to my Mom that I wish I could visit you but my 5-day trip to Iceland while she babysat almost broke her.