The Head of School announced today that the decision to keep the school closed for a second week following the quake is based on continuing uncertainties surrounding three main issues:
• The current increase in seismic activity
• The effect of power cuts particularly if another emergency occurs at the same time
• Concerns expressed over the nuclear reactor problems
We already have return tickets for Sunday March 27, so this would work wonderfully -- assuming all is back to normal by then. What seemed somewhat arbitrary when we booked it now seems prescient. I hope it's not overly optimistic.