Monday, September 27, 2010

Earthquake!

I don't know if last night's earthquake woke me up or if I just happened to wake up right before it hit, but I felt the tremors, and it was freaky. It felt like somebody was shaking the bed. Either that or I was spending the night in a sleeper car on Amtrak. It lasted several seconds, I'd say. Reported magnitude of 4.5, epicenter in Chiba, east of Tokyo, just before 3 am local time.

I gather from this map that it was no biggie. It certainly didn't make headlines, at least none that I saw, but it's a remarkable event for me, because I hardly ever notice these things, and apparently they happen all the time. Should a really big one hit, I've got my Emergency Bag all packed and ready to go, though I'm not sure how much good it will do me.

1 comment:

Mrs. Lear said...

I hate earthquakes!!!!