Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wonky

I discovered this website when somebody who calls himself Goemon commented on my "Super Cool Biz" post and included a link about chilled undergarments:

Tofugu. It's fun, it's light, it's a mixed bag of observations about Japanese culture, plus jokey advice on learning the language. While digging around in the archives, I came upon this little gem, about a Holographic Vocaloid Rock Star (filed under In Japan/Characters). Particularly handy: Japanese Cheatsheet for Travelers.

I love the Tofugu name and the logo and -- what do you call that? a brand icon? -- the blowfish (i.e. fugu) shaped like a soy protein square (the tofu). So very kawaii. I want to be a brand too. I want a cutesy cartoon character to represent my blog. Better come up with a better name for it then, huh. Somebody out there with a marketing background: help!

No comments: