Thursday, March 13, 2008

ski pics

Saturday, March 8: We traveled all morning to get to the mountain and now we've got our rental gear. We are ready to go!


No I'm not pregnant, that's just some new weight I've gained, something I like to call my ramen roll. (Seriously I've got a camera and travel wallet attached to my belt and the sleeves of a fleece turtleneck tied around my waist, and that's what's giving me this huge gut. I swear!)



After skiing for a couple of hours we return to the Kids Camp to pick up the boys. Here's Dylan with his instructor, Connor (great name), whose mission on this first day was to teach the boys how to do the "pizza and fries" move (when I was a kid, we called it the snow plow). Dylan wore tip connectors to help him maintain proper form.

Conorwas feeling ready to try out his skills on a real run, but as we prepared to get onto the chairlift, he slid out of bounds so the lift operator grabbed him and held him out of the way, but it left me no choice but to sit down and go without him. The operator plopped him down on the next chair and he ended up riding up alone. He was only a little bit nervous. The run itself proved more harrowing...


The day is over and we're all in one piece, and now we are heading back to base camp. Dylan seems shocked here that he is still upright. There's his brother in the background, calm and sorta confident, despite having spent much of the last run on his butt.

Sunday morning March 9: the boys are back in ski school and Terry and I are back riding the chairlift. Today we go to the top!




Cool clouds


A nice wide run. Better skiers fly by, spraying us with powder. Stand still long enough and your skis get buried.

After we collected the boys for lunch we went back to Kids Camp for a few final runs (then it was off to catch a bus that would take us to the train, that would take us to another train that would get us home... ) Here they are riding the "Magic Carpet" and having a Rocky moment...

No comments: