Friday, March 14, 2008

return trip to Kyu-Shiba-rikyu

This time I brought the boys...


These pics were taken one Sunday afternoon back in early February, I just sort of remembered I had them...

Kyu-Shiba-rikyu (which I've mentioned here before) is a lovely spot near the Hamamatsucho station, and the boys were happy to go with me. OK so maybe I bribed them just a little, pointing out that it's a short walk from there to the Pokemon superstore, and if they went to the garden and let me take as many pictures as I wanted without complaining, then we could go buy another set of cards or something (word of the day: shameless).

You wouldn't believe the line to get in (and I'm not talking about the garden). I think because a new version of Pikachu (an image of him sleeping under a blankie) had just been introduced, along with a whole new line of products to match (plush toy, T-shirt, pencil cases, mugs, etc. etc.). Or maybe it's always like this on a Sunday. Scary. There were so many people they needed store employees to direct traffic.

The line snaked past the front door, a cruel tease....
We finally made it inside and I very enthusiastically purchased two banana cases decorated with pictures of several of the characters. These plastic, perforated containers are shaped like a banana (well, duh) and snap close at both ends, but the best part is that they allow me to send the boys to school with bananas in their lunch bags knowing they will actually consume them. Most free-floating bananas turn brown or get squished before their time, so it's banana case to the rescue! Everyone should have one.

1 comment:

susan said...

I want those banana cases!!! brilliant!