Friday, March 21, 2008

springtime in the city

Potted plants really help make up for the serious lack of private green space in this cramped city, and as I noted in an earlier post, they are usually very well tended and respected by others. Here are some good examples of what I've been seeing lately outside the homes, hair salons and shops on the narrow streets of Jingumae, in Shibuya-ku. (The first shot is a repeat of this one posted two weeks ago, but there's been progress!)





This one is actually the outside of a little shop called the Plant Factory in Hiroo, down the road from our apartment. I assumed you could buy plants at the Plant Factory, but now I'm not so sure. When I walk by it's just this guy sitting at his desk, writing, surrounded by plants inside and out. Must learn some more Japanese so I can go in and inquire.

No comments: